Monday, March 15, 2010

Online Identity Calculator


While preparing for my post-graduation era, I have been taught time and time again about the importance of your online presence. Not only should content about you posted online be positive, it also should be an aid to developing your "personal brand". One site I was told about during a workshop at the Career Center is the Online Identity Calculator. You Google your name and input different information about it, such as the number of results generated and how many links actually pertained to you. I was rated off the charts as being very "Digitally Distinct". It may be on account that online I go by "Reb Carlson", which is much more unique than "Rebecca Carlson" (Madonna played a character named Rebecca Carlson, so I'm screwed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment